Facts about Mifepristone, A.K.A. RU-486
These statistics illustrate the need for a safe, effective and non-invasive medical option to assist who have made the emotionally difficult to end a pregnancy. It's important to gather information, so here are eight medical facts regarding The Abortion Pill. Free abortion clinic Tallahassee provides the best information regarding this.
1. Mifepristone must be prescribed by the doctor within 63 days and nine weeks of a pregnancy. If any women whose pregnancy lasts more than this must consult with a doctor for in-clinic abortion.
2. This pill is 97% effective. If this pill does not work. Choose another option for the abortion. This pill is helpful to block the progesterone which is needed to sustain the pregnancy.
3. This breaks down the lining of the uterus and prevents the pregnancy from continuing. Therefore second medication must be taken with some time gap.
4. NAF says 5-10% women will have a complete medical abortion within a few hours of using oral misoprostol. Women should expect to have bleeding for 9-16 days or even more.
5. Medication abortion is similar to an early miscarriage. It also has some side effects. Women may suffer from abdominal pain, cramping, diarrhea, dizziness, mild fever or nausea.
6. After taking this pill, new menstrual cycle has been begun. A woman should have her regular period in 4-8 weeks.
Misoprostol is a drug with many uses. Mainly it is given to people who are taking certain anti-inflammatory drugs in order to stop stomach ulcers. Because it can also cause uterine contractions, it has become a second component of medical abortion along with either methotrexate or mifepristone.
According to French doctor, mistoprosol is given to the women after 48 hours of the first pill. It is sometimes agreed as a vaginal suppository because this route can be safer and more effective, for the pregnancies that are further along. These studies have found that although misoprostol is about as effective as both two-drug combinations, there are many more unpleasant side effects.
Surgical abortion is the other option to terminate unwanted pregnancy. Mainly this process takes 5 to 20 minutes to complete the process. It can be more effective than medical abortion, as it has 96 to 100 percent completion rates. This involves removing the fetus and placenta from your uterus through your vagina with a suction device or other medical tools. Depending on factors like the fetus’s gestational age, a surgical abortion is performed under local or general anesthesia.
Most of the study reveals that most of the women agree to take surgical abortion if the medical abortion pills fail. For this reason, it is difficult to collect enough data to determine whether these drugs will cause birth defects. If you have an ongoing pregnancy even after using Misoprostol, the chances of risk of having a baby with fetal malformations can be increased. But this case is found in 1% women only.
Nausea, diarrhea and vomiting are the side effects of this pill. Some women also got blood flashes or episodes of fever. Sometimes these pills are also detected in the blood. For further information you can consult Abortion Clinic Philadelphia for their best services.
Read More: Get better services from Abortion clinic Tallahassee